Dakota Ranch Outfitters offers big game hunting for mule deer, whitetail, antelope and turkey. We also offer upland game birds, which include pheasant and sharptail grouse. South Dakota big game rifle licenses are obtained by a lottery drawing system, with Archery Tags Guaranteed. Click here to go on-line to obtain an application or to apply on-line by using a credit card.
- Mule deer and whitetail - 1st application deadline for rifle season is usually in April, while the 2nd and 3rd application deadline is August. Normally, there are leftover whitetail tags available on a first come, first serve basis. The season for mule deer and whitetail starts the 2nd full weekend in November and runs 16 days.
- Turkey - season runs from approximately April 15th - May 15th. South Dakota offers double tags to hunters and normally there are leftovers available on a first come first serve basis.
- Pheasant - hunting season opens the 3rd full weekend in October and runs through the end of December. We are now offering preserve hunting with the season September 1 through October 31. New this year is the Pheasant and Chukkar Tower Shoot. Ask for details!
- Sharptail grouse - season is also at this same time. A ten day license is $110 and can be purchased over the counter.
- Combination hunts - available when the seasons correspond to one another. The deer season and pheasant season are always open at the same time. This makes it easy to come out for a deer hunt and if you harvest your deer early, you can then do a quick pheasant hunt to pass the time.
Archery deer tags are guaranteed and allow you to hunt either mule deer or whitetail. The season usually runs from the 3rd week in September through the end of December. Ground blind, tree stand and spot and stalk are all apart of this hunt.
The amount of wildlife game found in South Dakota is incredible. You will not be disappointed.
Click here to apply for a big game license